Sunday

Thanks Andrew.







In one of the wettest summers ever, on one of the wettest summer weekends ever, I was thinking maybe I won't bother riding my bike cos so far this year getting wet all the time has sucked.
Did I get wet - Yes.
Did it suck - No.
I am not a big fan of 'Lets off Road' and tearing up the countryside like the guys in the Landrover I saw today, in the dry saftey of there Solihull dustbin smoking fags. What I like more is a group of friends sharing an experience something to remember and recall when they next meet. Probably when they are next riding there bikes together.
Trail riding offers long periods of concentration that help to clear your head of anything except which line am i going to take and maybe singing the theme from 'On any Sunday' to yourself.
It didnt rain all day, in fact for the most part it was pretty dry, although the same can't be said for the countryside. There was plenty of water about for sure.
Thanks to Gordon for driving and providing toast and drinks en route and also to Andrew for taking us round all day and his fantasic hospitality.Nice to see Mick and I hope that Neils Knee is better so he can go mountain walking next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like derbyshire way to me.
looks like fun too!! Our grasstrack was canncled at the last moment dickie