Wednesday

More 80's ... ISDE 1983










Like the word of a Goldie Lookin Chain song. Its 1983 (in a welsh acent). Anyway I love Welsh enduros and I think the reason is that in 1983 whilst GLC were roller blading at Mascals I was having a week of school to go and watch the ISDE. It was based in Builth Wells at the Showground and opened by a Welsh Choir. Six nights camping at Diserth Camp site and by day manning checks in the welsh forests. It was often my job to walk up the track a bit and try to spot the UK trophy riders so the people on the check could process them asap. Anyway I was just old enough to ride to checks on the back of a BMW without the two barber belts that my dad used to tie round us both. My dad would follow on a KT 125 or 250. Below is Steve Plain setting off from the show ground to start another long day.

No comments: